- Tennis is a game for life, welcoming players of all ages and abilities
- Tennis is social – enjoy time on the courts with family and friends and meet others from your community
- Tennis appears to promote continuing brain development and reinforces important values such as discipline, honour, perseverance and respect
- Physically active people are healthier and happier – try tennis and see for yourself
- Tennis is a great form of aerobic exercise – an ideal way to show your heart and lungs some love. Do you get enough exercise?
- Tennis torches calories and burns fat
- Regular tennis and other forms of exercise participation can help manage stress, anxiety and depression
- Tennis builds muscle – particularly in the legs
- Tennis increases hand-eye and overall body coordination
- Tennis provides a terrific form of cross training for those who enjoy other sports
- Playing doubles teaches and reinforces the value of teamwork
- Tennis is a weight-bearing activity that promotes bone strength and reduces the risk of osteoporosis
- Tennis improves flexibility – all that bending and stretching to return the ball will help you increase or maintain your range of motion
- Tennis promotes a sense of well-being while improving self-esteem and confidence
…and perhaps the best reason of all? FUN!
TIP! Just getting started or introducing your kids to the game? Keep it simple and have some fun hitting balls against a brick wall or the garage door. But make sure you sign-up and join the Richmond Hill Tennis Association.